The 1-to-1 classes will focus on your individual needs and will develop your Legal English vocabulary and communication skills, taking into account your specific line of work. Legal English courses are suitable for lawyers, paralegals, legal secretaries, students or professors of law or professionals working in legal departments.
This course can also help you prepare for the Test of Legal English Skills (TOLES).
What to expect:
- develop specific vocabulary for legal English
- improve general and social English language skills and your pronunciation
- enhance your communication skills with English-speaking clients and colleagues
- raise your awareness of intercultural issues and ‘global English’
- practise using English for negotiating, explaining and telephoning
- work on specific legal areas such as contracts, employment law, family law, correspondence
- work on your specific requests
You will be emailed a ‘Needs Analysis’ form to complete before the start of your course. During your first 1-to-1 lesson you and your teacher will put together a study plan for your course. We encourage you to be active in the preparation and content of your course.